Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Goodnight Kisses!

Okay, so I know my life revolves around Arlo, but he is just to cute!  And to prove it, here is another cute story...

We have had a bedtime routine in place practically since he was born.  We start with a tubby, get ready for bed, bottle, read a book, rock, kiss then bed time.  Now, when I rock him it is usually just for about 20-30 seconds because I have a rule.  If he is not settling down I do not continue to rock him because if I did it would take me an hour to get him to sleep, where if I just lay him down in his crib he falls asleep in 5 minutes.  The main way he shows me that he is not going to settle down is when he lays down on my shoulder for his rocking time and then after a few seconds he will pick up his head look straight at me and then give me a HUGE smile and then put his head back down on my shoulder.  Once he does it a time or two I stop rocking and I give him his goodnight kiss and put him in his crib.

Tonight was the same story... but different.

The whole routine was very normal and then I started rocking him.  Arlo stayed down on my shoulder for longer than normal and I started thinking, Oooh yeah!  I get to rock my boy to sleep tonight!  But then he started to pick up his head.  (Not unusual)  This is where my story changes tonight.  Arlo picks up his head looks at me but there is no smile.  Instead he looks at me and then opens his mouth up wide.  (This is how he gives his kisses!)  It was too cute so I went ahead and gave him a kiss and then he put his head back down.  Now, like I said before, I only let Arlo pick his head up a few times before I lay him down.  About a half minute later he picks his head up again and looks at me and opens up wide for another kiss.  I could not help but to continue to rock him!  What kind of mom would I be to deny my baby kisses?  So we continued this for another 3 times before he started to really play.


5 KISSES!!!  That is what I got from my baby tonight.   I am such a lucky mom!

2 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

Such a cute story!

The Gooch Fam said...

Totally lovin' his hair!!
Way cute!