Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm in a hurry!

For those of you who do not yet know... I am now a stay at home mom!  That's right, Tim and I decided that this will be my last year teaching. (At least until my babies are grown and in school.)  Yesterday I finally finished cleaning out my room.  I have been working on it since last friday and today I finally finished putting it in storage (Thanks Tallona!)  So, life is what I call perfect right now.  One of the greatest pleasures I was looking forward to about being a stay at home mom was going shopping in the middle of the day!  I kept thinking of how horrible it is to go shopping on the weekend, or how bad I felt every time I sent Tim to the store at 10:00 at night and I just couldn't wait to go when the store was empty.  So today I lived out my dream of the perfect shopping trip and...

 well...


 IT WAS BAD IN A WAY I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF!


I pulled into the first parking spot in the parking lot (which was also in the shade) and I got out of the car, put Arlo in the cart and I took off.  But as soon as I walked in the store, there was an old woman talking with the door greeter, blocking the entrance.  And that about explains my trip.  Old, slow people scattered perfectly throughout the store to make my 20 minute shopping trip turn into 45 minutes!  Then to top it all off, there was only one check out lane open!

So my happy dreams of shopping during the day, turned out to be a bust.

Oh well, at least I am home with my babe!  That will keep me happy!

1 comment:

Anna Elledge said...

The best time to go is first thing in the morning. I always bribe my kids with donuts if they do good. No old people, no lines= perfect!