Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Most Wonderful Day

This is a LONG OVERDUE post but still so worth it!

On April 9th we had a day worth posting about.  And before I begin a big thanks to my friend Tallona for making it all happen!

The day started early, about 5 AM.  We woke up and hopped in the car.  We dropped Cohen off at Tallona's house at 6:15 and headed over to Tempe for the Pat Tillman run.  It was my first year running it, but it was Tim's 3rd.  Tim had a goal to beat his last two times.  His 1st year he ran 4.2 miles in 42 minutes and then the next year he ran it in 43 minutes and this year he ran it in 38 minutes.  I ran with Arlo in the stroller and finished in 1 hour and 28 seconds.  Now before you think that is horrible just know that for the 1st 2 miles I ran when ever I had the chance (it was way too crowded since I started with the very last group because I had a stroller) and I let Arlo get out and run at mile 3 and again at the finish line on the football field.  So I was pretty excited that I did as well as I did.  After the race we walked around and got free samples and coupons.





When we got back to Tallona's house we cleaned up and put Arlo down for a nap, and left both boys with Tallona while we went to the Temple.  I won't say how long it has been since we had last gone, but it had been a while and we needed a big spiritual uplifter.  I love going to the temple... it is a heaven on earth!

Our perfect day ended with date night.  This time Tallona got a babysitter for the kids and we went on a double date to AH-SO.  It is a delicious teppanyaki place where they cook the food right in front of you. But the night did not end there.  We finished it off with ice cream.

The day was filled with adventure, outdoors, exercise, spiritual uplifting, time with friends, and time with my hubby, good food, and ice cream.  Really... what could be better than that?

1 comment:

Jen Perkins said...

That DOES sound like a good day! Good job on Pat's Run! I'm pretty sure it would have taken me over an hour without a running stroller and without crowds, so I think you did amazing. :)