Thursday, October 13, 2011

Why?...Why Not?

So, I'm not even going to mention why it's been two whole months since I have blogged last, because there are too many reasons to list here.  And, although I have been bad about blogging about our little life... it does not mean that our life has stopped.  But before I forget with my HUGE catch-up blog, I wanted to write down a few things that Arlo has been saying.

Arlo: (Acting like a zombie... thanks Aunt Niki) BRAINS...BRRAAIINNS...BBRRRAAAIIINNSSS
Me: Arlo, What are brains?
Arlo: BRAINS...BRRAAIINNS...BBRRRAAAIIINNSSS
Me: Arlo, Where are my brains?
Arlo: (With a smile) In your teeth caps!

Me:  Arlo, will you _________ (fill in blank)?
Arlo: Why?
Me: Because _________ (fill in blank).
Arlo: Why mommy?
-Repeat 3-4 times-
Mommy:  Arlo, PLEASE ________.
Arlo: Mommy.... Why not?
Whenever Arlo does not get the answer he wants with Why? He now asks Why Not?  Like it's going to change my mind.  He's funny, clever, and very irritating!

Arlo's names for Cohen:
Tow
Tohen
My baby- Whenever someone else is trying to play with him
Baby brother- When he loves on him
Stinky boy- When he's asking about him... Where's my stinky boy?


In the grocery store:
We were going up and down the isles and just like every 2 year old, Arlo wanted everything and when I would tell him no, (usually to the sugary stuff) he would ask why, and my answer is usually along the lines of, 'because we don't need it' or 'we don't need it because it has too much sugar and it's not good for us'  among other things like 'because I said no'.  Well we were walking down the baking isle and he grabs a bag of marshmallows and instead of asking if he can have them, he looked at me and told me that
he NEEDS it. And so I asked him what he needed them for and he said 'CAMPING!'  Well that would have been a great answer if we were going camping but we were not going camping, and so he did not get marshmallows.  But it was to funny because he showed me how much he had been listening to me about not getting things we do not need, and he came up with a great reason why we would need marshmallows.  He is growing up so fast and not only is he looking bigger but he is getting to smart for his own good!


In the tubby:
Arlo was playing with the bubbles in the tubby when I asked him to stand up so he could get washed and he told me: "Hold on."  I said, "Arlo, when I tell you to do something, you need to do it."  Arlo replies, "hold on means HOLD ON MOM, mommy I said hold on."  I busted up laughing!

No comments: