Monday, August 31, 2009

4 months!

After Oregon Arlo and I came back just so I could start work... so sad. Those first few days were the hardest! Not to mention my super nanny was sick that week and so I had to find other means for my baby. It all worked out in the end, but still to this day I hate leaving him every morning. Which brings me to my work... WOW! Boy do I forget how hard Kindergarten is the first few weeks of school. Tim even reminded me by saying "Well at least this year you are not crying, so it has to be better that the last few years!" I LOVE Kindergarten, I really do, but those first few days of teaching kids who have never been away from their mommies how to function on their own, not being able to do the things that they want to do, not taking naps, teaching them the basics of pushing in chairs, standing in line, sitting in chairs, sitting on the floor, raising their hand and waiting to be called on instead of yelling out teacher, teacher. I can not even tell you how many times I hear, "when can we play" or "I'm bored" or "I don't like school" those first few days. And the crying!!! I won't even go into all the reasons why I hear crying throughout the days. Like I said, I really do love teaching, and kids, but those first few weeks are so hard! Things are now starting to get better and easier, But WOW the past few weeks have been hard!

No comments: