Monday, June 24, 2013

No Diapers in This House!


A Huge Round Of Applause Please!!!!!

Cohen is now potty trained!  And talk about easy, EaSY, EASY!  So much better than Arlo.

About a week before we went to Hawaii, Cohen started to throw a tantrum every time I went to but a diaper on him.  He would say "I Hate Diapers Mommy!"  I simple told him that if he did not want to wear diapers then he would need to start going potty in the toilet.  He rarely did.  And I did not push it because I did not want to potty train him before Hawaii.

Then, we came home from Hawaii, and once again Cohen did not want to wear diapers anymore.  So, I made him a potty chart and we got started.  Once the first sticker went up, we only had 2 accidents and we have not looked back!  I only used stickers with Cohen, and told him he got 1 sticker for she-she (what Tow calls pee-pee) and 3 stickers for poop.  And when it is all filled out he got to go to the toy store and get any resent that he wanted.

Here is a picture of him picking out his sticker.  He could never do it standing up, he had to take the stickers down, lay down on the floor and look at them for a few minutes until he decided which sticker he wanted.


Here is my big boy in his underwear.  (I love the way toddlers look in underwear, way-to-stinkin-cute!)


And here is his completed potty chart, officially declaring that he is potty trained!



Once his chart was filled out, we took it to Walmart and he got to pick out a toy.  The way we shop is he picks out the first thing he wants and as we walk up and down each isle and sees something else he wants he can choose between the toy in his hand and the one on the shelf until he goes down every isle.  Then he knows out of all the toys he has the one he wants the most.  He must have stopped and looked at and played with at least 20 toys, but the ones he chose were "magic daggers" which are really Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle dress up gear.  The only other toy that came close was a light up whirly toy of Hulk's head found in the dollar bins.  I had to talk him out of it;-)

And just for clarification, the title of this post is not exactly true... Tow still has to wear diapers at night and during naps, and 90% of the time he wakes up dry.  But the few times that I let him sleep with no diaper are the times he decides to pee.  After three times in a row of washing sheets, I decided to put back on the diapers for a little while longer during nap/sleep times.  But still, I could not be more proud and more happy for my little man!

No comments: