Friday, May 8, 2009

Arlo's 1st Week

We made it!  We survived!  And we have loved every minute of it.... Well, almost every minute of it!  I can honestly say that having Arlo is the biggest blessing in my life and I do not know what I have done so right in my life that my Heavenly Father would bless me with such a beautiful, sweet and loving baby boy!  

On another note, let me tell you how Arlo has officially introduced me to motherhood.  We have had our late nights, I am not only sore from the delivery but I am also trying to breast feed and all mothers will understand how that can be a challenge at the beginning:) But the topper happened yesterday not once but twice!  I was changing my sweet pea's diaper trying to be as careful as possible (he was circumcised yesterday) the minute I took away his old diaper, reached for another, and came right back, I found a little pile waiting for me!  So I went to grab a wet wipe when I saw a little squirt, I yelled for my mom to come and help but before she could reach us, Arlo released full force and started peeing all over!  Now, this is the interesting part, I have always heard of these horror stories and I always figured if that happened to me I would more than likely throw up, but instead I laughed the whole time and I still love him more than ever!  You think I would learn my lesson, but like I said it happened twice!  I really am going to try to be more careful!  Remember I am new at this:) 






4 comments:

Kristen said...

=) Congrats on making it through your first week. It's SOOOO amazing caring for a little person. YAY!

The Ingebretsen's... said...

Breastfeeding is so painful. I always wondered why no one warned me ahead of time! Congrats on the little one and tell Tim hi from Tom!

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

In his first month Dean peed on me EVERY time I changed his diaper. Hudson and I just laugh. He pees in the bath too. Those weiners are unpredictable!!! Glad you are surviving!!

randi said...

hey, i found your blog from courtney's! congratulations on your sweet little boy. he is so cute. and keep up the good work with that nursing, it will be worth it!