Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm done!!!

I'm done teaching!  I have been trying and trying to get through this year!  I wake up and put on my happy face.  I hold back my tears when I drop off Arlo at the babysitters and then I go to work and try to put on a big show while trying to teach 27 five and six year olds to read and write.  I think I have done a great job so far.  We just received our yearly projections comparing my class this year to my class from last year and I am doing just as well as I did last year but the only problem is that I am DONE!  My heart is not in it any more and my happy face is getting harder and harder to put on.  My only saving grace is that I do love my class this year!  I have one of the most loving classes that I have ever had and I honestly think I get over a hundred hugs a day.  But even though I love my class this year there is nothing more that I want than to stay at home with my baby!  So if there is anyone out there that has millions of dollars that they want to give away...I will be happy to take it off your hands!

2 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I'll go look in my couch cushions for you. I'm sure I have a million laying around SOMEwhere.

The Gooch Fam said...

I would love to help you out. I know how tough it is to work with a baby. Always wanting to be with them while you are at work. Hang in there. Or, you could just move here and let us help you out!! That would be so much fun.