Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Happenings!!

So many new and exciting things are going on!
I got a new haircut... This is a bad pic of me, but I wanted to take one to show.

I liked it when I first got it cut, but now that I have had it for a week or so I am not so sure.  I guess I just LOVED my long hair,  and now it feels so weird when I wash it, brush it or style it.  I keep hoping I will get used to it, but I'm not.

ANYWAYS....
New Baby news...

Arlo got a new box...


He loves his box!

Arlo got a new friend...

  

Well actually Caleb is an old friend, but it has been so long since they had last seen each other.  The thing that really ticks me off is that while we were over visiting, I took probably 30+ pictures and in not one picture are both the boys looking.  It just goes to show how busy they are at this age!

Arlo got a new pet...

 

Okay so not true again, but it was the first time he has seen a horse and at first he loved it, but then after a few times of the horse getting really close to him, he started to panic!

And a few things that I don't have pictures of...
Arlo's new habits...
So, Arlo loves banging his head on things!  It cracks me up, he will get next to anything he can and he will bang his head against it.  I do not know if he likes the sound, or likes the way it feels... but he loves banging his head on stuff.
Arlo also loves shaking his head from side to side.  It looks like he is very violently shaking his head no. But the thing that is funny about this is that the first time he did it he looked so funny that I laughed at him.  He looked at me like I was crazy for laughing at him, but then decided that he liked me laughing at him so he did it again... so, I laughed it again.  Then he shook his head... I laughed, shook head... me laugh, head... laugh etc... for at least 15 minutes this went on.  My throat actually started hurting because I had to laugh on demand for so long.  And now whenever he shakes his head he looks at me waiting for me to laugh.  But actually it works the other way too.  I can shake my head at him and he will laugh at me as well!  What a CUTIE!!!
The last thing I want to mention is my favorite...
I do not know if it is all 9 month olds that have a fascination with their heads, but it seems that everything Arlo does revolves around his head.  When he wants to show me love he puts his head really close with mine and then I bump my head with his.  We call it a "bump" so now when I say bump, he bumps his head to mine!  I love it!  But I love it more because he usually wants to bump when he is tiered and wants to be loved on.

Arlo has his 9 month check up on Monday!  I am so excited to see how much he has grown.  I will definitely keep everybody posted!


3 comments:

randi said...

i love your hair! i think it is so cute and stylish. i do know the feeling of "why did i do that?" though, and don't worry...it will grow back!

The Gooch Fam said...

I absolutely love your hair!! It makes you look so sophisticated Shiloh! I think you'd pretty much look great in whatever haircut you have!! Cute pics of Arlo. I can't believe how much he has grown. We'll have to come to Arizona this spring and see you guys.
Syd

Rob and Alexa said...

Thanks for posting the pictures of the boys. They are such cute little friends. :) Caleb his a head banger too. It is pretty cute. Sometimes it hurts though. Caleb is so rough. I'm going to a petting zoo Saturday and hoping they have a horse that Caleb can check out. It's so funny to see their little minds working a mile a minute. Let me know how your little man does at his 9 months. I just took Caleb today. He is 23lbs, 29.3 in long and his head is 18.5. He has thinned out, but still a big boy.