Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Things I don't want to forget...



Arlo is growing so fast and every time he learns something cute, I swear that I will get it on video so I wont forget it... but wouldn't you now that every time I get that video camera out, all he wants to do is play with the camera.  So, needless to say I don't have anything on video... which is why I am writing it down, so I never forget!

1. Excited scream.  When he calls my name, when he is running through water... it is not a hi pitched scream, it is a low, lion roar voice.  It is so funny!

2.  Blowing kisses.  Whenever I say I love you or goodbye, he always makes sure he shows me (or anyone for that matter) that he heard you, so he will blow you kisses!

3.  Scrunched nose, heavy breathing.  Sounds weird, I know.  But... it is something Arlo does when he wants to make people laugh, or just make himself laugh.  When he does it, he scrunches up his nose and then starts breathing in and out through his nose... quickly. (Try it you will see what I mean!)

4. Ho! Ho! Ho!  Arlo is a clown... this is another thing he does to be funny.  He keeps his elbows at his sides and then flaps the rest of his arm and hands as he yells ho, ho, ho.  And if you do it back to him... he will do it over, and over, and over again.

5.  Bye, Bye.  His new thing lately has been getting into his play car and as he gets in he yells out to me (I am usually in the kitchen as he does this) bye, bye.  He will get in his car and honk the horn and try to move the car with his feet like he is really leaving me.

6.  Kisses.  This one requires some background knowledge.  The last few weeks I have started time out with Arlo.  Usually it is for hitting or kicking, but when he deserves a time out, we (Arlo and I) go sit in the corner together.  I hold his hands and we sit there for 30 seconds or so.  Then, when it is done, I turn him around and we talk about how hitting and kicking hurts and then I tell him how much I love him and I give him a kiss.  NOW, when he gets in trouble and I give him his warning.  I will get down at his level and talk to him about what he is doing is wrong... and he will look at me, interrupt me, start babbling at me like I know what he is saying and then give me a kiss.  Just like I do to him after time out.  It makes my heart melt!  Not only is it so cute, but it also shows me he is picking up on our time outs!

7.  Belly buttons.  Arlo is infatuated with belly buttons!  Every chance he gets he will pull up his shirt and stick his finger in his belly button and yell out belly button like he has never seen it before.  But he also loves to find other people's belly buttons.  When he does find them he will either stick his finger in it or blow on it.

8.  Bronco.  He LOVES Bronco!  He likes to take Bronco for walks, he likes to throw Bronco his ball, but more than anything... he loves to love on Bronco.  It is like there is a magnet attracting Arlo to Bronco, because every time Bronco lays down, Arlo is right there wrapping his arms around Bronco's body and giving him kisses.

The list could go on and on because just about everything Arlo does is cute to me...
EXCEPT his tantrums!

1 comment:

Rob and Alexa said...

Darling! He sounds like a silly little boy. So much fun. We need to get together soon. :)