Friday, February 17, 2012

Our Life... The Musical

Let me start off by saying I am a horrible singer!  HORRIBLE.  But that does not stop me from trying.  In front of my boys I can sing high, low, opera style or with a twang.  I sing about food, play time, the potty and plain, old, kid songs but I am the best at singing my own made up songs about anything and everything.  And it rubs off!

The other day I put Arlo to bed for the night and 10 minutes later I still hear him in there talking... loudly.  I  got up about to bust him, but when I heard what he was saying I stopped and listened and then I walked away.  Arlo was not talking, he was singing I am a Child of God.  It was one of the sweetest moments I've had as a mother.

Most of the time music is not quite so sweet, it is mostly just plain fun.

Yo Gabba Gabba is both my boys favorite show right now (its on netflix) but my boys are glued to it.  They dance with the show, they sing the songs, they love it.

Cohen is now doing motions to songs like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, and Popcorn, Popping.

We play musical instruments almost daily.  For anybody with kids... go get them a musical instrument!  My kids love them, we turn on music and play to music, we sing songs and play music or we just beat, shake and hit those instruments as loud and hard or as low and soft as we can.

They Dance, they sing.  I dance, I sing.  Tim sings... yes he loves to make up songs almost as much as me.

We are a living a musical life and it is wonderful.

No comments: