Sunday, April 15, 2012

Life on the Road

Back in APRIL (yes, long overdue post) we had a family vacation.  Tim had to take some time off, so we decided to not waste the time by spending it at home but to take our boys touring.  My Grandparents, so graciously let us borrow their little VW camper.  So this was our home for the next 5 days.

On our first day we got off, a lot later than we would have liked but we went down to the biosphere.  Le t me start off by saying, I took a field trip down there when I was in elementary school and the people were living in there and no one else was allowed inside.  I remember it being so exciting...  Well things have changed and I don't remember what al the fuss was about, but we had a good time anyways.





We were supposed to make it down to colossal cave for camping that night, but the park entrance closed at 5 and we missed the opportunity, so our first night was spent in a field!  But when your in a camper, who cares where you sleep right?

We did make it to the caves in the morning and it was pretty cool!





After the caves we were done with Tucson (for this trip) and if plans went as planned we would have gone to Tombstone or Rawhide or something along those lines and camped out for the night.  But, plans did not work out, so we found ourselves heading back to Phoenix to eat dinner at Organ Stop Pizza and sleep in our own beds for the night. (Because sleeping with two bed hog boys on twin beds it almost torture!!!!)



The next day my dad met up with us and we went up to Prescott for a day of Rock Hunting and a night of camping.  We also fit in the Prescott zoo, which was super fun!









Once again plans changed and we never made it up to the Grand Canyon or to Sedona, but we always have more time for that.  
We stayed on in Prescott for the next day and spent it with my Grandparents!  They are some of the most wonderful people I will ever know, and I love them and I am so grateful that my boys are getting to know their great-grandparents.

I did learn a few interesting things on this trip...
1) I feel bad for Cohen's future wife, he is the worst bed hog I have ever met!
2) I don't like car trips for long periods of time.
3) I LOVE camping with my boys!
4) My boys love camping!
5) I will never plan a trip on a tight schedule ever again!
6)  It would be fun to have a trailer/RV.
7) I love my family!

No comments: