Sunday, May 6, 2012

Birthday... I Can Remember My Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my Big 3 Year Old ARLO!!!!!!!!!

Arlo's birthday has been a long time coming.  We had a birthday party for him on the 21st of April where we invited over family and friends to BBQ and celebrate his special day.

I love making special birthday cakes for my boys.  This year Arlo wanted  pirate birthday cake.  Since I had no idea how to make a birthday cake into a pirate, I made a treasure chest instead.  It worked out wonderfully because Arlo does not like birthday cake but he loved the chocolates/ring pops/rock candy in the treasure chest, so this year he actually got to eat his birthday cake.



It was a really fun day, we spent most the day outside while the kids played in the water,




And then came in for presents (even though I warned everybody not to bring them, he still got a few:-)


I was so busy finishing up with the cake/ food/ cleaning/ getting ready for people to come over I forgot to change out of my junk clothes when the guests came... Oh well, I'm glad it was close friends and family!



 Then on May 1st... not April 30 (his real birthday) we celebrated Arlo's birthday.  He woke up to 40+ balloons over his bed and then it was pretty much a do what ever Arlo wants to do day. 
 We had a huge Arlo choice breakfast of french toast, hash browns and bacon, his dad took him ice skating, we sang and had cupcakes for dessert (after lunch) and played ALL DAY!!!!

It was a fun and exciting birthday month.  I sure do love my Boy!  

1 comment:

Jen Perkins said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday for a little guy! Good job, momma.