Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's a Beautiful Sunny Day

Lately when I tell Arlo that it is too hot outside he tells me "mom, it's a beautiful, sunny day!"  The thing is, he believes it.  I don't think kids have heat sensors.  Out of all 5 kids that I watch throughout the day, only one complains about how hot it is outside.

Well, this post seems like a copy post, of another blogger... so I am sorry, but I copied you.

Because of our beautiful, blistering, hot days, I have had to find many other things to do to keep my kids occupied inside.  So while we do go outside on a daily basis, it is only because outside means misters, shade, baby pools, hoses, water, squirt guns, sprinklers, irrigation and anything else that is water.  I try to stay inside as much as 1 adult with 5 children in a 2 bedroom house can stand to be inside.  But, our time inside is much more productive and filled with 100% more crafts than normal.

The things we have done in the past few weeks are:

Goop
  


Gak
     


Soap Clouds/personal soaps
    


Father's Day Trophies
  



Play dough (salt dough, which we cooked and made into necklaces)



Elephant toothpaste

Noodle pictures, noodle necklaces (they love to use glue!)



Milk color swirl

Fizzy colors



Magic flour dough


Jolly Rancher suckers





I'm really sorry about the lack of pictures... I have been horrible with my camera lately.  But I have made a promise to myself that I will get better.  But most (ok... ALL) of my crafts came off of pinterest!  I honestly do not know what I would do without pinterest, because it is making our summer so much more fun/messy/crazy/interesting.  My only problem is now my kids ask me on a daily basis... "what are we going to do NEW today?  Can we look on the computer?"

So, not only have my kids been busy with fun projects, but I have finished a photo book I made for my boy to take with them to church.  Because lets be honest, what kind of kid does not like to look at themselves????  It only took a few days (because I had to wait for glue to dry) and it turned out pretty cute.  Now all I have to do is work on a few more pages of busy book, make growth boards and make a picture book for Cohen of his birth and then I will be all caught up.?.?.?


  

1 comment:

Jen Perkins said...

I'm gonna have to go check out your pinterest boards...looks like you guys did some fun stuff! If you guys ever need a pool to swim in, ours is always open.