Sunday, February 15, 2009

MAN blanket
















Look at these pictures!!!  I am sure you would like to know how my manly husband learned how to use this womanly machine.
It all started when I told Tim I wanted to make Jax a few baby blankets.  I went to JoAnns and started to look at fabric.  There was a 50% off sale on their baby flannel so I went a little crazy and got enough fabric for 3 receiving blankets.  I was so excited, I got home and showed Tim the fabrics I selected.  He looked at them and said, "they're nice."  I could tell by they way he said "they're nice" that he did not really think that "they're nice".  So I asked him what was wrong with them and told me that they were too babyish.  He wanted our son to have a man blanket.  He wanted ME to go back to the store and buy man fabric and make Jax a blanket that was not so babyish.  I obviously did not understand the whole man blanket thing so I told him that if he wanted our son to have a man blanket he was going to have to make it himself.  I was completely surprised and amazed how Tim went to the store, bought the fabric (and thread and pillow and string), measured the fabric, pinned the fabric together and then sewed the blanket.  He did ask for tips here and there, but this man blanket was made by a true man.  So now Jax has a blanket that can fit on a twin bed and the cutest, little matching pillow that I have ever seen.  And I have the most amazing husband in the world!!!!


4 comments:

The Shumards said...

That is awesome. I could hire him out to do my sewing. Does he do curtains?

Marin said...

Wow, I'm going to have to have him teach me how to sew ;).

Amber said...

Impressive, Tim! And Shiloh, we were very brave to let him pick out the fabric and do it all himself, but it turned out really cute! (I mean MANLY!)

Amber said...

I meant YOU were brave to let Tim do it, not WE! I know I didn't have anything to do with it.