Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Haircut

I have been getting comments about Arlo's hair lately and how it is looking a little bit scraggly.  The thing that these people do not know is... believe it or not, my 'mom goggles' are actually not as high powered as I ordered them and I have known that my son's hair has been scraggly for months.  I have actually spent the last few months trying to convince my husband and my mother that Arlo needs a haircut.  So today I won and Arlo got his very first haircut!!!!  (I know... this is exciting news!)

Take a close look at his before picture...



This is what the poor girl had to go through the whole entire cut.  Luckily she was wonderful and FAST! Arlo was only in the chair for a 5 minutes and she was done.  Arlo was happy the entire time!  It helped that he was surrounded by mirrors!  He kept turning to the mirror behind him and waving and then looking in front of him and waving at himself in that mirror, and then he would take a few seconds and drive his car. 



Here are the after shots!  And mom I know that there are no shots of him smiling... and I said that he was happy the whole time but I only brought my phone with me and all the pictures that I took where he was smiling were blurry because he was being so wiggly. 
But...
Look at his hair, it is even and handsome and everything but scraggly!


The place I got his haircut is called cool cuts and they gave me a little certificate with a baggie holding a few strands of his hair and a place for a picture.  How cute is that?  Now I just wish I brought my camera with to get a good picture of the BIG moment (haha;-)).   

2 comments:

Rob and Alexa said...

What a handsome little man. Love the new cut.

The Gooch Fam said...

He is getting so grown up! Can't wait until July to see you all. I am not sure I want to compare bellies though with skinny you!!!
Syd