Sunday, March 20, 2011

Boys are made out of...

Boys are made out of icky, sticky gopher guts,
mutilated monkey meat,
little, dirty birdie feet,
French fried eyeballs rolling down a bloody street,
Me without my spoon, but I got a straw!!!!

My mom taught us this song when we were little, gross I know, but now that I have two boys of my own, it finally makes sense... except the spoon/straw part.

Example #1

Arlo was taking a bath with his 3 year old cousin.  They were playing with some cups from his kitchen set when Arlo stood up, peed in his cousins cup and then his cousin was about to take a drink when Grandma stopped him.  (I was not present during this episode)

Example #2

Arlo is learning to blow his nose.  When he needs to, he tells me "boogers" and we run to get tissue.  Well, one time when I was feeding Cohen, Arlo came up to me and said "boogers," they were not that bad, so I told him to wait.  He kept saying boogers and I kept telling him to wait... so he grabbed my shorts and blew his nose right into my shorts.

Example #3

Blue sand is my mortal enemy.  My mom thought it would be a good idea to have blue sand in the boy's sandbox.  Needless to say, they LOVE it... so much that Arlo keeps it with him, and when I change his diaper after playing in that blue sand there is always a ring of blue around his little bum... ouch!

Oh... and lets not forget that one time that he decided to try and eat it.  Luckily he did not like it and hopefully will not be eating anymore any time soon!

Example #4

Arlo is OBSESSED with POOP, every time he goes poop he has to see it and then say goodbye to it.  Every time his little brother goes poop he has to see it and say goodbye to it.  And when Simba (the dog) goes poop he has to pick it up and play with it.


Example #1 Cohen

My Cohen is so sweet, he is perfect in every way... except I would like to go just 1 day or better yet... 1 outfit where I do not get spit up on... one day, I hope!  *sigh*

Example #2 Cohen

I know I have already mentioned this but Cohen's toots are so loud and so explosive they are just scary!



I guess boys will be boys!  But I will love them no matter what!

SO HERE ARE THE PICS FOR THIS POST... NOT ALL GROSS BUT THEY'RE ALL BOY!

Didn't even now I was there!

But even if he knows I'm watching...it doesn't change a thing!

Valentine Chocolate!

Posing with cousin Lani

So cool!

He's Bad to the Bone!

We are now siting in the bumbo!

And loving it!

Brothers!!!

Buzz Lightyear here to defeat the evil emperor Zurg!

My Tow monster

Smiling like usual!

After the blue sand incident!

Being silly

Relaxing after a hard days work in his grocery cart, on the ottoman!

3 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

Those are some pretty awesome pics! Looks like I have a lot to look forward to! And we will totally invite you camping next time!!!

Hendriksen Happenings said...

haha! I love your blog because everytime I look at pics of your pics it's like a glimpse into our future! Aren't little boys fun? Yours are so CUTE!! Definitely all boy

Rob and Alexa said...

Oh my gosh! So funny and totally all boy. Arlo is such a riot. We need to get our boys together.