Sunday, May 8, 2011

Birthday Boy

On April 30th Arlo turned 2.  That's right the big T-W-O.  We had a quiet family birthday, but it still had all the things a party needs to have.


The PRESENTS...
A woody doll, a play cleaning set (so he does not have to steal grammy's broom anymore), a quiet book (a whole post is coming dedicated to that), a balance bike, and more play food for his kitchen.


(Yes my son was naked for his entire party!  What can I say, he likes his birthday suit!)

These are not at the party because I asked Grampy to give him his bike early, because I knew it was going to start to get hot, and I wanted him to learn to ride it while it was cool incase there was a lot of falling.



 I Love this picture because you can see Tow in the shadows... so funny!


 Here is a picture of one of the hundreds of falls, he flipped over his handle bars.  He was pretty upset, but I made him stay on the ground so I could take a picture. (Do I win the great mom award or what?)


FOOD and FAMILY
For dinner we had Arlo's favorite... spaghetti.


CAKE
Arlo is really into Peter Pan and alligators right now.  But he would not touch his cake... he kept saying "bite you!"




BIRTHDAY SONG
This is about the 50th time we sang it.


CLEAN UP
Was easy because we had helpers!


It was a perfect day outside (it's been hot ever since) Arlo usually loves having family around.  But no matter what we did at his birthday party, he was grumpy most of the time.  He threw tantrums, he cried, he would not eat his spaghetti or cake, he was mean and by the end, I was ready to throw him in bed.  But I continued to be patient with him because it was his birthday.  After his tubby, I was drying him off and he was shivering.  He never shivers... UH OH!  I took his temperature... 101.7!  The next day it actually got up to 103.9.  I felt so bad, here I was loosing my cool, ready to kill my kid because of how he was acting and the whole time he was sick... POOR BABY!

1 comment:

Jen Perkins said...

Poor Arlo...sick on his birthday. No fun! Looks like a fun day, nonetheless, and I'm still in love with your alligator cake!