Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Look What I Did...

Back in SEPTEMBER I started making a quiet book for Arlo.  I looked online for ideas and started putting the pages together.  I originally was going to give it to him for Christmas, but after Cohen was born, my project was put on a major hiatus.  I finally finished it for his birthday.  Here is the final result.

Cover
I will put notebook rings in, instead of curling ribbon.  (This is the last thing I forgot to do.)


Page 1:

Velcro Letters and a zipper pouch.


Pages 2-3
Velcro letters, The velcro on the page goes all the way across so we can make words, patterns, etc.  There is a bag to put the leftover letters into.


Pages 4-5

A zippered Noah's Ark with finger puppets and a magnetic fishing page.
(I bought the puppets form Ikea!) 


Pages 6-7
Velcro numbers and bead abacus.
You can rearrange the numbers and each line has ten beads so you can match the beads to the number.


Pages 8-9

Piggy bank with play money and snap apples with a bucket.


Pages 10-11

Working mailbox and pocket page.
The mailbox has an opening to put the letters into with a velcro flag.  And the pockets I use for paper, stickers and markers.  (We use color wonder markers so they don't ruin everything!)


 Pages 12-13

Snap shapes and colored ribbons.


 Pages 14-15

 
Velcro Road Light and a road.  
In the green garage I keep a little car for Arlo to drive around the town. 


Pages 16-17

Button bouquet and Tie a shoe page.
I found a cute song to teach kids to tie their shoes and I wrote that on the page.


 Page 18
Mirror Page.

Needless to say I am very proud of my creation, and I am even more excited that Arlo loves it!

4 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

Okay...that is serious talent! I'm super impressed and a bit jealous, too. :)

Rob and Alexa said...

WOW! Amazing! I've wanted to make a quiet book for Caleb, but can't build up the courage to start it. This is the coolest one I've ever seen. I want one. :)
I love the name page and the fish & puppet page. Super cool.

Marin said...

I love this! I have been thinking for quite a while about making one for Collin and have looked to find ideas, but I haven't had the guts to start yet. Where did you look to find your ideas? Did it show you how to do it or did you figure that out on your own?

Candace Heyman said...

that is the most awesome quiet book i've ever seen! you're amazing. miss you guys.