Monday, September 3, 2012

Bring Back the Memories!

We are going to take a walk down memory lane in honor of Tim and my 6th year wedding anniversary.  I would have taken out my wedding video and put it on you tube to share but since it is in storage, we will have to break out the big guns next year.  This year I will settle on pictures.

After....

I tell you how we were able to celebrate.

One of the reasons why I am posting on September 3rd instead of the 2nd.

Yesterday, Tim and I went on a mini staycation.  It seems like every year we want to do something big, and every year something gets in the way.  This year was no exception.  But I was determined to do something besides dinner and a movie.  So, I called my dad, had him come and stay with our boys and I took Tim less than 5 miles away to a cute little resort called the Montelucia Resort and Spa.  It was wonderful!  We still did the dinner and a movie but with a twist.  My dad treated us to a nice Italian restaurant called Tutti Santi's, then we called it a night... sounds boring, yea but it was the first night that I got a 10.5 hour sleep in over 3 years!!!!  I slept in till 9:30, it would have been later but my husband who woke up earlier was getting impatient.  We lounged around until we had to check out, then had breakfast and a movie before getting back to our boys who we missed so much!

Ok, so our anniversary was a glorified movie and food, but I was excited that I got to spend lots of one-on-one time with my wonderful husband who I still LOVE and adore 6 years later!  So HAPPY ANNIVERSARY my love, I hope we have 952 more!



Now...

The day that started it all!



Looking back at all 1800 pictures from that day, it is fun to see how many of them Tim and I are laughing in!  It truly was a happy day!

My bridesmaids looked beautiful in black!


I had to show a picture of the back of my dress because it was fabulous!


Tim and his mom!  She was such a beautiful woman and I am so happy she was able to come to our wedding and that I was able to get to know her before she died.


My handsome groom!

Shoes, diamonds and flowers... could there be a better picture?  No, I did not think so either.

Had to get a close up of my ring, although now it looks even better after I convinced Tim to buy me an extra band to put on the other side of my diamond.


My siblings, I love how short I am compared to them!




My flower girls!  Way to cute!!!!




This time a close up!  It's funny because I LOVED my dress, but it will definitely be a dress that my kids will look back on a say, "MOM, what were you thinking?"

One of my favorites with the Mesa, Arizona temple in the background, where Tim and I were sealed for time and all eternity.

When I look back on my wedding day I will always remember the good part of the day (our sealing, being surrounded by friends and family, the feeling of being so happy you start crying etc) and I will always remember the bad things that happened that day (my bouquets all turning out horribly, the storm that swept in last minute to turn my outside reception... inside, the DJ's microphone interfering with our picture display, the back of my dress not staying shut, etc) and although I am so glad it is over and I can honestly say I will never do it again!  I am so grateful that I have those memories, the good and the bad and the pictures to go along with it!  Because our wedding day was wonderful and one of the best days of my life.




2 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

The Montelucia is a gorgeous resort. We've only been there to visit friends that were staying there so I'm jealous! Happy anniversary to an awesome couple!

Anna Elledge said...

Happy anniversary! I still remember getting your announcement in the mail and being so happy you were getting married in the temple. You looked gourgous on hour wedding day.