Saturday, February 9, 2013

Our White Christmas

Where did December go?  I have no idea!  But it went way too fast!  And now Christmas has come and gone and my boys are already asking for presents for next year!  They are so funny.



Here are our Christmas lights!  I am so proud of them, they may not look like much but they were put up, taken down, put back up and taken back down all by ME!  Why, you ask??? Because, I started on the right side of the house and hung them to the middle where the outlets are, then I started on the left side of the house and hung them towards the middle and then when I went to connect the strands in the middle... they were the wrong connection ends.  So, I had to take them down and hang them back up so I could plug them in.  That is alright though because it was a rookie mistake.  Next year I will not make that mistake, but next year I bought about another 15+ strands of lights for my yard during the day after christmas sales!!!! YAY!!!  I love Christmas lights!

And here is a picture of us with our tree after it's been decorated.  There is nothing better in the world than putting up our Christmas tree listening to Christmas music, drinking hot coco and talking about where and when we got each ornament on our tree.  The boys love looking at their ornaments from previous years and buying their ornament for this year.  They love it so much that this next year we are going to have to re-buy a few ornaments because the boys loved them so hard, they broke;-)  But this tradition, is by far my favorite!!!

Here is Arlo's Christmas letter to Santa.  He told me what to write and I wrote it verbatim!  He was so cute, and so excited.  The next 5+ Christmases are going to be the best because of Arlo's and Cohen's excitement in and for Santa and all that comes with the Santa package!  The best part about his letter to Santa is that after we sent it to Santa Claus, North Pole, Arlo actually got a REAL letter back from Santa!  I could not believe it! 

Here is a video of the boys looking for Rudy, our Elf on the Shelf.  I tell you, we may be late in the game for an Elf on the Shelf, but Rudy was a miracle worker.  All I had to do was threaten to go tell Rudy about a behavior and it was instantly fixed!  I am thinking about asking Rudy to come back to our house every month (or as needed) so Santa can keep tabs on these boys all year long!!!!!

Here is Arlo with Santa at our ward Christmas Party.  He asked Santa for a red camera and an American flag.  Cohen was to scared to go any where close to Santa.  Maybe next year!

These next few pictures are the after math of our pre-Christmas family Christmas.  Since we were going to Utah for Christmas, we invited over all my family (Grammy, Grampy, Papa, Uncle Bryce, Uncle Levie and Family and Grandma and Grandpa GG) to our new house for a Christmas dinner and opening presents from each other so we would not have to wait till after new year for their Christmas.  Well, it was wonderful, the boys got more presents from grandmas and grandpas then they did from Santa Claus (almost).  And needless to say, these boys are loved and SPOILED!!!!!!  I didn't get enough pictures from this night and I am totally bummed about it.  But here is one I did get and then the rest are of Arlo and his bike the next day!
Grammy and PaPa got the boys their own Nabi (kid tablet), guns and swords!  They know how to win their way into little boy's hearts!!!


Arlo got a new bike with pedals and without training wheels and Cohen got a cool 3-wheeled, green scooter from their Grampy! (Videos available of them riding these presents on New Years blog!)


Here is another Christmas tradition... our annual visit to the Mesa Arizona LDS Temple Christmas Lights!  They are so beautiful and a great way to teach my boys about the true meaning of Christmas!  We also used these pics for our Christmas Cards!-)









And finally....
Christmas Morning!!!!
























And it would not be Christmas without a little bit of snow... I mean A LOT of snow!!!








The rest of these pictures are from our Christmas Utah trip.  My boys love coming to Utah and playing with their 16 cousins and Aunts and Uncles!  We have a blast!  Also, I would like to give Jen, Rex and Family a BIG thank you for letting us crash your house year after year!  We appreciate it and love you!





As you can see, we spent a lot of our time sitting, eating and talking around their kitchen!

We also went bowling!



And we went to the Natural History Museum to see... you guessed it DINOSAURS!!!!









Here is a few pics of the 18 cousins!





And to finish up this Christmas blog, here is my beautiful, big boy singing his favorite Christmas Carol!



No comments: