Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful for Birthdays Part 2

***Warning I started this blog the day after Cohen's b-day, and I just finished!  it has been a busy few months.  Sorry for the delay.***

We spent Thanksgiving at my moms house.
It was low key and wonderful!  Add in shopping, family, food, and birthdays and it makes an exceptional day.


May I first start off with an apology to Cohen.  I am so sorry your birthday is so close to Thanksgiving that we will always celebrate the two together.  But on the positive side, you will be the only one who will always have all your relatives around for your birthday celebrating it with you.  And, I will always remember how thankful I am for you!

Here is my big boy in action on his big day!!!

As you can see from the video, Cohen is my shy boy and an absolute mama's boy.  We did have to wake him up from a nap to sing to him which accounts for some of the grumpyness, but even when he is awake and happy he is still atched to my leg/waist/hand!  I love it and hate it all at the same time.

This year for his big birthday number 2, Tow wanted a dinosaur cake.  
It started out with a long neck, but by the time it sat for a few minutes it collapsed and this is how it ended up.  



Still I am pretty proud of it.  And after Cohen started to cheer up, he dug in.  He loved it, especially the jolly rancher spikes!

Based off the cake, you can probably tell how Cohen is really into dinosaurs right now.  I mean really, really, really into dinosaurs.  So for his new room in our new house he wanted it decorated in dinosaurs.  
Here is his new comforter...

With matching lamp...

And stickers, and picture...

And mirrored cabinet and old growth board (but it fit in nicely.)
Cohen's room is probably the most finished room of the house at this point.  (Although, I still have quite a bit more I would like to do) When we first moved in we did so well with getting things put away and painting and other stuff you need to do when you first move in, but then the holidays happened and now here we are in February and we have literally not improved our house's condition at all in 2 months! 

Back to the birthday boy... here is the birthday loot!

One of his favorite toys was... a dinosaur that turns into a race car!  (BIG surprise, I know!)

And his Pooh Bear.  I know it looks nothing like Pooh bear, but that is what he wanted to name him.

And of course, to finish off this post about my big 2 year old, here are some fun pictures that he took all by himself!




It is funny because when I first started this blog I had so many tidbits I wanted to share about my big 2 year old, and now 3 months later so much has already changed!  For starters, when Tow first had his birthday he would tell everybody that he was 3, because his brother was 3 and he wanted to be 3.  I would correct him and tell him he was 2, but he would start to cry and say "NO! I 3!" But about 3 weeks ago, he could finally put up 2 fingers and say he is 2.  When I ask him if he is 3, he proudly responds "I 2" and holds up two fingers and then counts to two.  Cohen is also a lot less attached.  I believe it has a lot to do with going to Utah for a few weeks at Christmas.  There were so many new people and places and family that he really came out of his shell.  And now he loves to say hi to everybody all the time, even if it is chasing a stranger down the street on his bike to make sure the stranger hear's him and says hello back.  Don't get me wrong, he is still a mama's boy but it has calmed down!  Cohen loves to talk, he loves to sing, he loves waffles and would eat them at every meal if I let him.  He loves the ipad, his bike, playing in his kitchen and making mommy eat everything he makes for me.  He does not like to have dirty hands and will often make me wash his hands in the middle of a meal if they are dirty even if he is not done eating the food that is making his hands dirty in the first place.  He does not like to share and is working really hard on asking people to share with him instead of yelling at them and hitting them to get what he wants.  He loves to blow his nose and hates to brush his teeth.  And although I am not ready to potty train his just yet, he loves to go poo poo in the potty.  His favorite color is still green although he really likes blue too,  he runs everywhere, I really do not know if he knows how to walk, because it does not happen very often.  And lastly, he is working really hard on keeping his binki in his bed.  He often claims that he is tired, but it is simply because he wants to suck on his binki and he knows it has to stay in his bed.

I love my little dino loving, toddler, two year old!  I could not have been blessed with a sweeter little boy!  And even if I never have a girl, I will be okay because my little guy is so special and fills a special place in my heart so perfectly!  I love you Cohen! And Happy Birthday!




No comments: