Sunday, March 16, 2014

Veggies in the Backyard?

The boys wanted to plant a garden this year... So we did!  Or should I say the mens did.  I had nothing to do with the planting except for coming out to take a few pictures.  








As you can see, they had a great time planting with daddy!  Now we have corn, onions, strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalepenos, zucchini, cucumber, basil, mint and I think that is all but I do not know for sure.  We only have a few of each plant because we really do not have that much space, but the boys promised to try everything that we grew so, I think Tim wanted them to try it all:-)

While I was at it, I took pictures of our backyard.  When we first moved in it was all rock and bushes.  And it has taken us over a year to get our yard to look the way it does, and it is not even done yet, but I am happy with the progress so I thought I would show what we have done to the place.

The deck was already in, so we had my whole family over to help clear out the rock and bushes.  Then my step dad put in the brick border around the grass.  And then he came back again 6 months later to put in our sod.  Which turned out beautifully!!!!  I love our grass and I am grateful to him for helping us out so much!

Then off the other side of the patio, Santa gave us a trampoline to fill the area.  (After we removed more bushes and a hill of dirt.)  Tim added in stepping stones and a fire pit.




Overall I think it looks great.  The only thing left is this area in the picture above.  Right now it is a huge dirt pit that the boys LOVE playing in, but eventually I would like to get a gate for the pool pump, and put in a sand box and a citrus tree.  So, if and when that ever gets done I will post more pictures!

I found this picture of the backyard after we removed the rock and leveled out the hills.  I pretty good improvement if you ask me:-)

No comments: