Friday, December 26, 2014

6 Month Old Bean

(Written on November 12... Lulu turned 6 months on October 24:)
I will not/cannot believe that my very last child has already been in my life for half a year!  I do not think it is fair that 9 months of pregnancy feels like 9 years but 6 months of cute and squishy baby feels like 6 days.

Bean is growing leaps and bounds, and doing it at speeds twice as fast as her older brothers. (Not really, but with her brothers I was always waiting for the next milestone, they could not grow up fast enough.  With her, I want to take it slow and enjoy every single second but time has sped up and I can't seem to keep up!)  At her 6 month old appointment 18lbs which is 75%, 27in which is 90%, and her head measured 17 1/4in which is 80%.

This picture is one that will completely embarrass her when she is older, but you can see every roll on her chubby, dimply, cute body!  And look at those thighs!!!!

She now has 3 top and 2 bottom teeth, and 3 more that we can actually see coming in.  Because of this, I am ready to wean.  Let's just say I have been bitten one to many times and it hurts.  But, I do not know if it is because she is my last or not, but I really do not want to quit feeding her.  I am going to completely miss breast feeding, but I am NOT going to miss it either.  That might sound contradictory, but if you are have ever breastfed you understand, the pro's outweigh the cons, but the cons never get easier!!  It does not matter to Bean, she loves ALL food.  At 4 months old she was literally watching every bite I took and drink I sipped.  And when I say watching I mean... the death stare.  It was hilarious!  This happened for a few days until I actually broke down and let her have some of what I was eating... it was a cucumber.  And she gnawed on that cucumber for at least 10 minutes.  Next think I know, I am making her baby food (avocados, sweet potatoes and carrots were her first foods).  She has been eating solids ever since.  Now at 6 months she is really using her front 4 teeth to take bites out of things.  She can also hold up her own sippy to drink and pick up her food and feed herself (with her dried fruit bits and puffs).   She LOVES her food and she loves to sit down with the family and be a part of table as well.  She is learning to get a lot of attention from her brothers by making a lot of noise and blowing with food in her mouth, she gets a lot of laughs with the mess she makes.  I have also decided to invent a high chair where the tray is a circle around the child.  I know it will take up more space, but more food gets thrown down/dropped on the floor with all my kids because there is nothing to stop it on the side.  IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!









At 4 months old, Bean was getting up on all fours and rocking.  A few weeks later (late 4 months) she would get up on all fours, rock and then thrust her body forward, landing on her tummy but moving forward.  I knew then that my girl would not be stationary much longer.  Then a few weeks ago, she started crawling.  I would not have called her a crawler yet, because she would only use her hands with her feet one or two times before she would push forward and plop down again.  Then on November 6th it happened.  Something clicked and she got it.  I would go into the kitchen and leave her playing in the living room and when I came back she would be in a completely different spot than where I left her.  Along with crawling, in the past few days she has also learned how to sit up (on her own) and pull up on her crib so that she was holding on to the side, making us lower the crib to the lowest setting.  And then on November 13th she decided to pull herself up on the couch to standing position.  I swear, this girl is crazy and I do not know if I am ready for her to grow up this fast.




She is learning who her family is.  She loves when her mom/dad/brothers come into a room.  She gets so excited and wiggles.  She is also reaching out for me to pick her up.  And she is learning really quick that when she whines people come running to her side to help her/pick her up/whatever she may need.  I swear next month she will all have us happily bowing down to her and saying "yes, your majesty" to every little peep:)


















This next section is dedicated to Bean, being a girl.  She looks so much like the boys did when they were babies so, I am grateful we got her ears pierced, but more than that I love dressing her up and putting on bow.  She is so beautiful with them on.  Without them she looks like a beautiful baby boy.  Here are my favorite Lulu Bean outfits...










Bean Funny Faces







Smiley Bean









Sleepy Bean




If you can't tell, we really love our Lulu girl!









No comments: