Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy Halloween

I felt Halloween this year was a big bust!!!!  We normally go to the pumpkin patch, go to our wards trunk or treat/Halloween party and my moms trunk or treat party.  But I have had such a hard time keeping up with 3 children... and because of them (yes I am playing the blame game:) we did not get a lot done this year to get us in the Halloween spirit.  But the few things we did do... were a lot of fun!

For FHE we carved pumpkins...
Arlo wanted a ghost pumpkin.  NOT ANY GHOST... the ghost with circle eyes and a circle mouth.  Tim (the artist) tried to get him to elaborate and make it bigger and better, but Arlo stayed strong and got his ghost with circle eyes and a circle mouth.  But Tim did convince him to carve BOO into the back so when the candle shined inside it, the light would project BOO onto the wall.


Cohen wanted a zombie pumpkin with lots of blood.  After looking at zombie pumpkins on google for 10 minutes, he found this pumpkin with a fake leg hanging out of his mouth and right away he knew... that pumpkin was going to be his.


Since Tim and I have to do most of the carving, the boys wanted to paint their pumpkins so that way they could help more with them.  I think they did a wonderful job:)





On Halloween night we had 2 army men and a lady bug dressed up to go trick-or-treating.


Our ladybug slept through most of the treating part.  Which I thought was sad, because she was such a cute ladybug and I wanted to show her off!  But the boys had a blast.  This year we decided to go up and down our own street and after we had hit both sides of our street and one side of the street next to us, each child had filled up their candy buckets a few times over.  I guess there were not very many trick-or-treaters and because of this, we got handfuls of candy at each house instead of just a few pieces.  It was perfect.  Not too much walking, but lots of candy!


 After our trip up and down the street, we had to go trick-or-treating to our old, mean, grumpy grandpa's house!



 And took a few pictures of our girl!  By the time we actually got home... everyone was grumpy and on sugar overload.  So, instead of taking our usual after Halloween loot pictures, we went to bed.  And, I would like to say that I wished we would have stopped to take at least one picture... but if I had to do the night all over again, I still would have choose to go to bed instead of take pictures!!!!  We will always have next year!

No comments: