Friday, December 3, 2010

Bringing Home Baby!

While I was pregnant, I would sometimes watch the show Bringing Home Baby.  Although, I would never want my whole story video recorded and put on television for all to see, I always though how great it was that these parents had every detail on video for them to show their baby one day.

With this entry, it will be more of a journal for Cohen and for me to always remember everything about his wonderful journey into this life.

Ever since Tim and I have been dating we were in agreeance that we wanted our children to be close.  Tim and his sister are around 16 months apart and my sister and I are only 15 months apart and we both LOVED growing up close to a sibling.  Right after we had Arlo we began making plans for Gooch number 2.  Luckily for us, after only a few months of trying, we were blessed with another healthy pregnancy.   With Arlo I had a horrible pregnancy.  I was miserable!  I was in no way looking forward to getting pregnant again, but we wanted to stick with our plan.  On, finding out I was pregnant I will have to admit that I was more nervous than excited.  But this is where I truley believe that my Heavenly Father stepped in and calmed my nerves beause like I have mentioned before, this pregnancy was a peice of cake compared with Arlo.

The next big step was in finding out the sex of the baby.  Tim and I both wanted another little boy.  We were both so excited that instead of waiting for week 18, Tim and I went  to a ultrasound place to find out the sex at week 13.  And we were both so relieved to know that our plans were working out perfectly.  The rest of the pregnancy was pretty univentful.  No major complains, and I have Arlo to thank for that.  He kept me so busy!

When I was 36 weeks pregnant my Dr. and I started talking about plans for the delivery.  I did not go into labor with Arlo, I was induced, so with Cohen I wanted to go into labor on my own.  But there was a discrepancy between me and the Dr. about when my due date actually was.  Because we were planning Cohen, I KNOW that my due date was Nov. 21.  But with one of my ultrasounds Cohen's measurements were dating November 29th.  So, that is the date that my Dr. kept as my due date.  Needless to say I was not very happy with his decision.  Based on his due date, I decided it would be best to go ahead and plan the induction.

On November 23 Tim and I woke up early, I called Arlo's babysitter to make sure she was ready and we prepared to go to the hospital.  About 15 minutes before we had to leave my phone started ringing.  It was the hospital.  They wanted to postpone my induction for a later time.  I was relieved to find out that it was only to postpone and not to cancel.  Well, I was supposed to go in at 9:00 AM and I did not get the call to go in until 7:00 PM.  Yes, I had to wait 10 hours.  Waiting was so much worse than a cancellation.  Tim wanted to go to a movie, dinner and shopping but I was so worried that the hospital would call during these activities we spent most of the day doing nothing.  Yet, at the same time it was so nice to have a day with Tim.  It had been to long since our last kid free day together.

Well, the rest of the story I will make quick.  We got to the hospital around 7:30.  They got me on pitossin around 9:30.  I got my epidural around midnight.  And Cohen was born at 1:59 AM.  Everything went so well.  My epidural was perfect.  I could feel no pain but I could still move my legs.  And my labor was fast.  I really could not have asked for a better delivery.  My Doctor I also want to mention was great.  He was not on call with either one of my children, but he was there for both of their deliveries.  I was so grateful to have a doctor who cares and who goes out of his way to be there for his patients.

Now that Cohen is finally here and I have had a week to adjust, I have to say that I love my boys!  I will be honest and say that I was so worried about loving Cohen as much as Arlo, but it is possible.  Heavenly Father has blessed me with 2 beautiful boys and a loving husband.  I really couldn't ask for a better life!

After such a long post here are some pictures of my new babe.  (These are the pictures that are taken in the hospital and a few of my Arlo!)













3 comments:

The Gooch Fam said...

He is beautiful Shiloh!! Can't wait to meet him.
Syd

Rob and Alexa said...

I'm so happy your pregnancy and delivery went so well. He is beautiful! Arlo looks like such a good big brother. Can't wait to meet the little man.

Hendriksen Happenings said...

Shi!!! Your boys are sooo cute!!! Congrats!! I love how happy Arlo looks. :) Two little boys- how perfect! And wow, you found out Cohen was a boy at 13 weeks? Where did you go in AZ to find out??