Thursday, December 23, 2010

Little Boys Growing Bigger

I have to spend a minute complaining about how fast time flies by!  In just 1 day my little Cohen is already going to be 1 month old!  Have I really gone a whole month with no sleep?  Maybe that is why time has gone so fast!  Well, before it goes by without me remembering anything I of course need to brag about my two beautiful, wonderful boys!

At Cohens 2 week checkup (which was really two weeks and 4 days) I found out that like Arlo, my boys are big boys.  Even though Cohen was born small at 8 lbs 11 oz (because he was a week early), he was in a hurry to catch up with his older brother.  Like most newborns Cohen's weight went down after his birth.  When we left the hospital he was 8 lbs. 4 oz. but at his checkup he weighed 10 lbs. 9 oz!  Which puts him in the 85th percentile for his weight.  His height has gone from 20 and 1/2 inches to 22 inches, which is in the 82nd percentile.  And his head is now 38.5 cm which is the 71st percentile.  I guess whatever I am feeding him is working! 

Cohen may want to be big like his brother, but he has also let me know these past few weeks that he has a completely different personality than his brother.  Arlo was the perfect baby.  He never cried, he was sleeping 4 hours or more at a time (by this age), he was perfect!  Cohen on the other hand has to be held constantly or he cries, spits up all over the place and will not sleep longer than 3 hours at a time (and I am lucky when I get that!)  Also, Cohen is a grunter.  I need to get it on video, because he grunts all the time... it's so weird.
But, even though he is a harder baby, I think he knows he has to be because his older brother takes up so much time, if Cohen did not demand my attention, or get his attention throughout his many night feedings he would never get any attention!  Poor kid!  I do love him though!  So here are some updated pics of my beautiful baby boy!







When Cohen came home from the hospital, I was watching Arlo with Cohen and I was so surprised to see how big Arlo has become.  Not only in size, but in how he acts as well.  He is so sweet, with Cohen.  He calls him Toe Toe, because he cannot say the 'C' sound and he loves him so much.  He wants to hold him and sing to him and love him all the time.  BUT he does get jealous as well.  He gets very jealous mostly when I am feeding and burping Cohen.  I truly enjoy having my boys!  I love them so much.  

Arlo is also growing up because lately he has been telling us when he is going to the bathroom.  So Tim and I decided to get the things he needs to potty train.  We got him Elmo's Potty Time Video which he calls Elmo Poo, a little toilet seat that goes on the toilet and a stool to get on the toilet.  The second time he sat on his toilet, he sat there for a few minutes, and he never tinkled.  When I took him off the potty he ran to his room, sat on the stool we got him and proceeded to pee on his stool.  So, although he is growing up he is still, and will always be a stinker!  

Pardon his outfit here... I had him in jeans but when he goes down for his nap I like to change him into his pj pants so he is more comfortable and this was right after his nap.


Here are some more pictures of my big boy.  And although he is talking all the time, starting the potty training process, learning to ride a trike, and so many other big boy things... look at his shirt... he is still drooling to the point where he needs a bib.  I would like to blame it on teething but he has had all of his teeth including his 18 month molars since he was 12 months!




1 comment:

Rob and Alexa said...

Oh Shiloh they are both just adorable. Cohen is super cute and I would love to meet the little man. I can't believe Arlo is interested in the toilet already. Caleb wants nothing to do with it. I think it will be a long while before he is ready.
Have a Merry Christmas with your three men. We love you and your Christmas cards turned out great.