Saturday, December 11, 2010

Won't do that Again!!!

Family Pictures....  A great time of year when we dress in our best and show ourselves off.  This year was a little hectic.  Since I did not know exactly when Cohen would be born I did not hire a photographer like I should have.   Instead I spent tons of time and money picking out perfect outfits and getting ready to go to Target Picture studios.  Yes, you read correctly... target picture studios.  The whole experience was HORRIBLE!  Why did I do it... I was desperate for Christmas pictures, and I got what I deserved.  So now I am calling in backup and getting real pictures done but they wont be here in time for our Christmas cards so we will have to make due with what we have.  Here are the few shots we got... and in all of them I can name a thing or two I do not like about them... so do not judge too harshly, I am well aware that they are not perfect.  I will say that the Target people did try their best with my children, but trying to pose a 1 year old for family pictures in 15 minutes is not as easy as it may seem. (HA!)

The 1 family picture that everybody looked decent!

 The only picture of Cohen alone.  I wanted naked pics, but Cohen was crying the entire session.  This pic was snapped as soon as I took the binki out of his mouth.

 My boys... Cohen's face... need I say more?

 Bad pic... I know... but this sums up my life right now.  A crazy 19 month old and a screaming baby...  Actually Cohen is wonderful during the day, but night time is a different story.

Can you say prom pose?  But we look good together!

Just wanted to show this one, because this is what happened in 60% of the pictures... they cut Tim's head off.  And it frustrates me because I loved my entire outfit, but you cannot see my cute mustard yellow shoes and black tights in any of these shots.

Supposed to be the sweet, Oh look at our cute baby picture, but look at our cute baby... Are you as frustrated as me yet?

Cohen is!

Sorry to be so negative... I am so grateful to get pictures of my beautiful family, but next time I will get the photographer and just send out belated Christmas cards.

6 comments:

Tallona said...

ha ha ha. shi you just made me laugh so hard! i think about you a lot but, i haven't called i am always afraid i will ruin a quiet moment :-)

Anna Elledge said...

You should call me. Do you remember Shauna Smith? She takes our family pics ever year and she is amazing. The kids love her and she just gives me the cd with the pics so I can get them done at costco or wherever. So much better than the target. That is what we used to do also.

Tara Hendriksen said...

hahaha oh man! I don't think I can ever handle more than one child!! I got so frustrated just with Ty's pictures because he wouldn't smile and was always so fussy during his appointments. I think you guys look so great, all of you!! What a beautiful family, seriously. And I bet your outfit was way cute. :) I need your guys' address to send you Christmas card!!

Rob and Alexa said...

OMG I'm sorry, but you are so funny. I'm sorry it was not a fun experience. I want to see your entire outfit. Your boys are so adorable and I really want to meet Cohen. I've been thinking about taking Caleb to Innovative portraits, but now I'm not to sure. :)

The Shumards said...

That is hilarious! I love all your little comments about each picture. At least you have documentation of "real life." I am suprised though you still had to pay-doesn't the sitting fee guarantee a good shot?

The Ingebretsen's... said...

Pictures! I just bogged about my aweful children in our Family Pictures! I have had really good luck with Target, I usually just do the cheapo one shot $8.99 package though. I think you guys are darling and I hope that you're happier with the next go around :).