Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Overload

I don't want to overwhelm anyone but Christmas is such a wonderful time and I wanted to fit it all in,    in one post.  So here it goes....

Arlo is absolutely obsessed with Christmas lights.  I have no idea what he is going to do when they are all taken down.  To make Arlo happy, we went through the drive through Christmas Light Show, which he LOVED!  There is also a video while we were going through the show, and you can hear Arlo saying lights... pretty funny stuff.






I thought it was wonderful that at the light show they had a time line of Jesus' life here on this earth.  After all, that is what the season is all about.  I am so grateful for my Savior who lived on this earth as an example to me and who died so I can return and live with my Heavenly Father once again!  


This was our Christmas morning.  Well... part of it.  Arlo had a kitchen, train and chair set up on the other side of the room.


Here is the train...
the kitchen,

and the chair (that folds out into a couch with a sleeping bag).


He also received...
A bike helmet and seat (which you can't see)!  And I got a new fossil wallet with matching bags.


Electric play tools... that everybody enjoyed!


And Tim's favorite... Nerf Guns!

This toy took a few minutes to understand and learn... but once he got it... he loves taking it all over the house!





And for Cohen...
A brand new play mat!

And the boys both received Christmas PJ's!

Arlo was at the stage this year where he loved the lights, he loves to see snowman and santa everywhere he looked, he also does a great job of yelling ho! ho! ho!  At the same time he did not understand much of everything else.  I am going to be super excited next year when Arlo will be old enough to participate and understand more of our Christmas traditions and Cohen will be almost where Arlo was this year.


This year we spent Christmas here in good, old AZ.  And this was the 1st year in a while where we spent Christmas with my entire family.

This is my brother Bryce cuddling with Cohen on his new 'Super Sack'.


Bryce with my Mom.  And my mom with Darel or "PaPa" which is what Arlo calls his Grandpa.


Levie, my brother with his wife Megan and their son Lani.  And Niki, my sister with my Dad or Grampy.

Christmas is always wonderful when you get to spend it with Family as great as mine!


Here is a picture of my favorite present that I got for Christmas.  My big, boy Arlo going poop on the toilet for the very first time.  He was so proud of himself.  And then when he got off the toilet and had to flush his poop down the toilet he almost started crying because he wanted to stand there looking at it and clapping for himself.


These next pictures are just fun pictures that Tim created. Because we ran out of time and never got to see Santa this year. :-(
 



  These last pictures I want to warn you I am just bragging here.  For Christmas my mom and my husband got me five new pairs of shoes.  I was so spoiled and got many other things as well, but these made my Christmas!




So that just about sums up our Christmas!  I absolutely love Christmas.  It really is the BEST time of the year.  But when you have a family as great as mine, with two of the cutest and sweetest boys and a wonderful husband... I couldn't be happier!

2 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

Oh man...I am incredibly jealous of those shoes!!! Merry Christmas to you! Looks like you guys had so much fun. I can't wait until Owen understands Christmas! And pooping in the toilet...good job, Arlo!

The Gooch Fam said...

Way fun Shiloh! Can't wait to see you guys!
Syd