Monday, October 29, 2012

Fire Trucks + Hot Air Balloons = Halloween??

Saturday was a wonderful day!!!  We started the day going to a free event at the Hall of Flame Museum looking/sitting in/riding on fire trucks.  The boys used a fire hose and fire extinguisher to put out fires and they did it all wearing their costumes!  My favorite part was that we had a whole morning of fun for only 3$ which was spent on a tip for the balloon maker guy.










While we were at the Fire Truck event, there were magical fairies (aka cleaners my dad hired for me) at my house so when we came home from a fun morning and a delicious lunch at Zuppas, we came home to a clean house.  Which, in case you didn't know was my favorite part of the day.  We took naps and when we woke up, we got ready once again and headed out to the Hot Air Balloon Spooktacular.

The Hot Air Balloon Spooktacular was fun but EXPENSIVE!  The boys had a blast trick or treating at the hot air balloons and now Arlo wants a hamster ball for Christmas!




If you have not noticed Elora (Arlo's one day intended) and her family spent the day with us doing these spooky/fun Halloween events.  





There were over 20 balloons there!
And I am sorry for the horrible pictures, I need to learn how to use my camera.



Taking a break to eat the treats!

It was a great day, but by the time we hopped in the car to go home the boys were cranky and ready for bed.  Who am I kidding, we were all cranky and ready for bed!  But at least we got to go to bed in a nice clean house!


Now this next section had nothing to do with our day but it is a Halloween/Fall tradition in our house... the pumpkin patch.  Every year we go, we have a blast and this year was no exception.











I love that my boys are at an age where we can take them places and they enjoy themselves.  Arlo will talk about it for days and months afterwards.  But more than anything I just love spending time with my family.  It is not very often that we have Tim around because of his schedule, so when we do get him we love to get out and do things!  And although he is gone more often than not, when the boys grow up and look back on their childhood it is these fun family things that they will remember!





No comments: