Wednesday, January 8, 2014

4 BIG YEARS

It is now July 7th and I feel horrible because this post is 68 days overdue, but my boy is worth it.  Better late than never... Right!?!?!

Correction... it is now January 8th and I feel negligent because this post is 253 days overdue, but my boy is worth it!  Better late than never.... Right!?!?!

Well I just want to start this post off by telling the world how lucky I am to be the mother of one of the most amazing boys in in the whole world!  I love him more than life itself, and that is not an exaggeration!  This child (and the other 2 mens in my life) are my whole world and I honestly do not know what I would do with out him!  So Arlo, you might wonder what I am doing most times and why I am doing them, you might question lots of things about me, but you can never question if I love you!

Arlo Jaxton Gooch, was born on April 30th 2009 and in the 4 short years we have had him he has grown so fast.  I would love to make this a picture post from when he was a newborn until now, but all those pictures are tucked safely away on a storage device that I do not have cords to at the moment, so I am settling for a picture post of my boy right now!





Arlo is a sweet boy who wears his heart on his sleeve!  I cannot count how many times this boy will give me kisses, tell me he loves me, tells me I'm beautiful, tells me I am the best mom in the world in one day.  But it is not just me... it is to all those he loves; Daddy, Tow, Grammy, Grampy etc...  although the phrases might differ in who he is talking to, the meaning is the same.  Although, lately he has been noticing and telling me when he sees a beautiful girl.  He will stop and say, "hey Mommy, did you see that girl?  She was beautiful, right?"  And I say yes she was beautiful.  Then he goes on to say that all girls are beautiful!

One thing that makes me the most happy is that Arlo is one of the best big brothers in the world!






Yes he has his stinky moments (lately it has been annoying Cohen by saying something over and over until Cohen gets upset and hits him or until he starts screaming and crying or when he sits there and convinces Cohen that the thing that Cohen wanted seconds before is not what he wants so Arlo can go in and snatch it up when Cohen puts it down) but those moments are by far outweighed by his sweet and awesome older brother moments.  He loves to help Cohen, to teach him new things, to play with him, and to love on him.  One of Arlo's favorite things is to go in and wake up Cohen.  He does it exactly like I do... in a sweet motherly voice he goes in and says "baby, it's time to wake up" and then go in and hug/kiss/snuggle him until he wakes up.

Arlo is also a boy who loves nature!  Bugs, frogs, lizards, bunnies, dogs, cats, flowers, rocks, anything outdoors, or things that are indoors that are supposed to be outdoors... are all within Arlo's domain.



He wants anything and everything with legs!

He is also turning out to be just like his dad!  He is a negotiator!  When I tell him no, he will say "What about this, and then give me another scenario of him getting what he wants"  But it does not stop there, he will negotiate and negotiate until he gets what he wants, which is not often, or until he gets so frustrated he yells at me and runs away to throw a tantrum out of sight!  He is competitive!  WHOA... do not play or compete against this kid unless you want to loose, or get yelled at for winning!  Stubborn (ok maybe he gets that from me too, that is why it is a double whammy!)  Good looking with beautiful blue eyes!  and most importantly, if his dad is doing it, he wants to do it too.  It does not matter where, when or how, but he loves working on things with his dad!
































He is my special boy!  Who has got the heart of an angel and all the fierceness of a wild animal!  I love this boy and I am so glad that he is mine!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Arlo!!!!!
















No comments: