Sunday, January 5, 2014

My One and Only

I am the type of person that sits down at the beginning of the year and writes out a long list of goals.  I usually try to make at least two or three goals under a few different categories such as spiritual, physical, home and family, etc...  I always start off strong and then towards May, I am not looking at my list quite as often, when July comes around I know my goals so well that when I am working on one I am quite proud of myself; but at this point, I am no longer actively planning my time to do so.  And then comes the end of the year that is always so hectic all plans/goals go right out the window.  So, this year I am making one goal.  And that is the goal of keeping up my blog.  I have been horrible this past year.  And I have had many valid reasons and excuses on why I have not been able to get to my blog.  But this year I am not going to permit them to interfere.  I love my blog.  I had my first 100 blog posts made into a book that looks just like a high school yearbook but inside is the perfect photo album complete with captions available for my kids to open and read any time they would like to.  And they do like to!  They love looking at that book and going through those memories.  I use it as a sacrament meeting book and it keeps them busy for over 15 minutes without me because they can look at the pictures and not have to read the words to remember what was going on in the picture.   So, my specific goal this year is to hit 200 blog posts and make another book for my family.  It is a big goal that I will have to work hard to hit since last year I totaled less than 20 posts and I am at a grand total of 163.  I will have to double my posts and pictures.  But, it is something that I can do!  Especially with the coming of our little girl this year!  It will be a good year and now thanks to my goal... A well documented one!  Happy new years!


Warning... the next few posts are all from last year!  But I want to get caught up... so after this, hopefully no more having to wait 2 months for a post and then get blasted with 5 posts at a time. :-)

No comments: