Monday, January 6, 2014

Going Outdoors!

We love camping!  Unfortunately we do not go as much as we would like but it still does not change the fact that when we go we always have a good time!!!  So this post is dedicated to our camping trip with the Stapley family, Tim and Arlo's elk hunt, Lake Powell and Tim's Prize Bull hunt!


This first picture I found on my husbands phone, he took it the night the boys and I practiced camping out in the living room.  I love spending time with my boys... but camping on the living room floor was not very fun!!!!  Let's just say my boys are bed hogs and air mattresses are not very comfortable in the first place.

But here are the boys during the real thing!!!  They had so much fun camping and I love going with them to see them spend so much time loving and exploring the outdoors.


This is one of their exciting finds after Uncle Paul chopped down a rotting old tree.






This is another one of their favorite activities while camping.  Shooting. Tim is teaching them early, but they love it and so does Tim!







Here is the entire crew of kids that went camping.  They were everywhere!

Not the best family picture but this is on day 3 of camping... can't expect a glamour shot!

The next few are not from a trip but from the backyard.  This one is from Uncle Paul's backyard where Arlo and his cousin Dalin thought it would be a good idea to shot a pigeon with the bb gun.  But, since they shot it, the grownups decided they had to eat it.  So they plucked it, took out it's guts and put it on the bbq and then ate it!!!!

This one is from our backyard, but once again it deals with guns....



These next few are from the 2 hunts Tim went on this year.  The first hunt, he took Arlo along and Arlo was beyond excited.  He got new Camo gear and they filled one of the two tags that they had.  And while doing so Arlo got to watch and learn all that is involved with hunting, shooting and preparing an animal.  The second hunt was Tim's once in a lifetime Bull hunt.  It was one of the first hunts of the season in one of the best areas for the best prize, a bull elk.  Because Tim assured me that this opportunity comes only once in a lifetime, he hired guides to take him out to ensure he got one of the biggest.  All let you decide from the pictures how he did... all I can say is that I am glad my house is too small for the trophy head, and we had to get 2 stand alone freezers to hold all the meat.  After the next few years I will be begging for some cow instead of elk!!!










Lastly, we have our annual Lake Powell trip.  Every year my family is invited by my grandparents to come on their houseboat, Seas the Day, for an entire week.  I love this trip!  And so do my boys.  I did not take my Nikon on the trip this year because I did not want it to get ruined and Tim did not come with me to help keep an eye on the boys so I did not take very many pictures... but the boys had a blast with all of their cousins!









No comments: