Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Green Ninja/Tiger Champion/Awesome Fireman's Birthday

This post is overdue as well, but only by 45 days instead of the 200+ of his brother!  But once again, this 'mens' is worth it!

Cohen Austin Gooch turned 3 on November 24th!  And he has a personality that will not let me forget a single day of those three years!!!!!  If you ask me Cohen is one of the most snuggly, lovable, sweet, sensitive souls in all the world.  But, that is only because you are asking his mother!  You see Cohen is what most people would categorize as a mama's boy.  He loves me almost as much as I love him, and he worships his older brother.  As for everybody else... lets just say they are miles away.  If you are lucky, you might be able to find a switch somewhere on him that turns on his love for you, for the moment.  But, the switch moves around on him; so one time you see him, you might be able to find it and turn it on but the next time you see him that switch is impossible to find and he goes right back to wanting to have nothing to do with you.  And there is nothing anyone can say or do to help you find that switch even if you bribe him with going to the toy store or his favorite candy (as his Auntie Niki well knows). I cannot lie and tell you that I hate it, because I love that he loves me so much that everyone else might as well not exist.  But, at the same time, it would be nice if he let his dad help him get a drink every once in a while instead of only letting his mommy help him.

Here is my special boy and his special day!!!!!!







A few days later, we had his birthday party!  We had a combined birthday party with his cousin Lani who has a birthday on November 21st.















and here is my picture tribute of Cohen...





































I cannot honestly express how much I love this kid.  He keeps me on my toes!  Cohen has the most wonderful imagination and spends most of his day trapped inside of it, not knowing what in the world is going on outside of his little world.  He loves to pretend he is a super hero and his name changes daily. One day he wants to be called the tiger champion, the next day fireman and/or any other name he chooses.  And he really makes you call him these names.  If I forget and call him Cohen he gets mad at me and corrects me.  But Cohen is very particular with names.  He does not like nicknames, he likes to be called Cohen or his superhero name.  If I call him pet names like baby, or love bug, or sweetie he always corrects me and tells me "I'm not love bug!!!! I am Cohen!!!!"  He will however, let his brother call him Cohey Coe.  Which is a horrible nick name if you ask me, but it shows you how Cohen worships his brother and how Arlo gets away with most everything around Cohen.  EXCEPT, for letting Arlo be mean to him.  Cohen is a fighter and he does not put up with anything!!!!  If he does not like something he lets you know it, and if you continue doing this thing that he does not like he will attack... literally!  It can be anything from teasing him to singing along to the radio... if he does not want it... you do not do it:-)  One more great thing about Cohen is his facial expressions.  He has these eyebrows on him that clearly express love, hate, annoyance, etc.  And yes I mean eyebrows and not eyes.  And it is funny because his hair is so light on his face that it is not the hair on the brows as much as it is just the brows.  And when he is concentration on fighting bad guys... his face expresses how serious that fight truly is!  There are so many different quirks about this child of mine, most of witch I love, a few that I hope he grows out of... but all of it is 100% Cohen and I love him for who he is!

Happy Birthday Cohen!
  I love you!!!!















No comments: